Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Windermere Golf Club Bridal Show – 8/31/2010





Source of Image: Angela Wilson Photography


Yesterday I drove up to Cumming, GA for Windermere Golf Club’s bridal show.

I was informed that the ballroom can host up to 170 people but it is actually quite an intimate space (at least to me). One can also set up the cocktail area outside in the covered patio area which overlooks the golf course. Last night, I enjoyed a piece of wedding cake sample from Cake Envy out in the patio during sunset and it was a romantic atmosphere.

As far as the ceremony goes, it can be outdoor or indoor which is definitely a huge plus for those who want an outdoor wedding but also the peace of mind to know that there is a rain location in case of bad weather.

Whenever I go to a site visit, I always try to imagine what kind of couple will like this space. To me, Windermere is a more traditional venue suitable for couples who want a more classic country club wedding. However, I have also seen pictures of the ballroom at Windermere during last night’s show where the use of extra lighting totally transform the space and change the atmosphere.

While the venue is a little out of the way for people in Atlanta, it is not very far if you are in the Alpharetta or Buford area.

One final note: at night it gets really dark around the area so road signs are hard to see. Make sure you have a GPS or be naturally good with direction! I was glad I have a good memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment