Monday, September 6, 2010

Marriage Couples Retreat

I spent my Labor Day weekend with my husband in North Georgia to attend the Marriage Couples Retreat organized by our church.

We learnt so much from the 3 day retreat. Besides our honeymoon, this was one of the best trips we have taken together. It was a trip filled with laughters, tears, discovery, and understanding. I am so glad we were able to get away from our daily life to spend time with each other and had a great learning experience with the other 9 couples to improve on our communication skills, and to enrich the most important relationship in our lives, the one we have with our spouse and partner for life!

For brides planning weddings everywhere, I just want to say that we should put in as much effort in our marriage. Afterall, the wedding is only the beginning of a marriage. It is the celebration of the beginning of a great journey, one that you and your spouse will take together, through ups and downs, sunshine or thunderstorms, harsh winter or beautiful spring.

I have always want my brides to have a beautiful wedding but I know I want them to have a great marriage even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment