Sunday, July 4, 2010

Site Visits

Last weekend I did two site visits, one with a couple whom I am working with and the other was for a venue open house.

Site visit is very important because it lets you know first hand how you feel once you are in the venue. No matter what the pictures show, you want to look at it because pictures can be deceiving. Besides, you can talk to the people who will be handling your event and see how they are in person.

The first venue we visited was actually set up for a wedding reception that night. It was definitely very helpful for the couple who was considering hosting their wedding reception there to see how the banquet set up really is at this place. I could tell that they love it from their eyes. Later on, they told me that they both really love the room the minute they entered it.

The second venue was having an open house and I went there just to take a look because of the great packages offered by the venue. I wanted to know if it is a place that could be recommended to brides in the future.

While the food tasting at the open house was quite good, I was not really impressed with the bare room. I felt that it is definitely more suitable for a regular party instead of hosting wedding receptions. I could not really made this decision if I had not been in this venue in person because it was not easy to tell the real atmostphere from the pictures that the venue posted online.

Another reason for site visit is so that you can imagine how your event will flow in the space. While some venues will post their floor plan online, the only way you can access the logistics to host your event there is to look at the space itself. You may even get a few ideas once you take a look.

Personally, I love doing site visits. It gives me ideas on what kind of event can take place in that space so the next time someone asks me for recommendations, it will come very easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment