Friday, July 30, 2010

Birthday Celebration



Source of Picture: CocoNeenies from Etsy.com


Yesterday was my friend Amy's birthday so we organized a small group dinner outing for 6 at Agave ( http://www.agaverestaurant.com/ ), one of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta.

If you like Southwestern food, you must give Agave a try. They also have a wonderful Chef's menu for $30 per person if you have at least a group of 6. With this menu, there will be 9 items that will be served family style, including 3 appetizers, 3 entrees, 2 sides, and a dessert platter. I think it can be a great place to host a rehearsal dinner if you prefer something different.

We decided to order off the menu last night and it was just as great. I think the Diablo Crawfish Pasta with a spicy chile cream sauce that my friend Cindy ordered last night was becoming my new favorite (she was nice enough to let me have a taste of her dish) although my Beer Braised Pork Shank was quite tasty too.

After dinner, I brought cupcakes for the group to celebrate with Amy. To make it a special treat, I ordered cupcake picks from http://www.etsy.com/shop/coconeenies

You will see the cupcake picks that I bought from CocoNeenies pictured above. I was able to customize the cupcake picks with Amy's name. I then brought the cupcake picks to the bakery and handpicked each cupcake to match the color of the cupcake picks. Obviously, if you are doing this for a wedding, you can work with your bakery to make sure you have a cake that matches your color scheme and still tastes good!

Corrie who is the owner of CocoNeenies is based in Atlanta and her work was definitely high quality. She also ships her products very fast. If you go to her Etsy site, you will see some other paper goods as well besides cupcake picks. I highly recommend contacting Corrie if you want something custom made for your party!

No comments:

Post a Comment