Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Atlanta Restaurant Private Room Spotlight - Bangkok Station

I am a big fan of using private rooms at restaurants for small parties and even wedding reception (if the guest list is small) because it offers great savings opportunities: (1) Generally there is no site fee if minimum food and beverage spending are met or if there is a site fee, it is normally minimal and (2) The restaurant provides flatware, glassware, chairs, tables, napkins etc. which means less expenses for the person planning the event.

Today's Atlanta Restaurant Private Room spotlight features a new Thai restaurant in Buckhead area called Bangkok Station.

I was there for dinner with a friend and noticed the beautiful private room they have:


After dinner at the main dining room, we went inside the private room to take a look. By my count this room can fit 20 people for a seated dinner. The traditional plates that decorated the wall of the private room reminded me of the plates used by my late Grandmother in Malaysia when I was a child growing up there and it sure brought back fond memories of my Grandmother who was a super talented chef.

The food at Bangkok Station was very good and I love how they presented the Larb Tod (Fried Pork Ball):
:

Here is a photo showing the two entrees (Thai Boxing Noodle - famous noodle dish from a Thai Boxing stadium and Train Station Bird - a chicken dish) we had and the restaurant served the sticky rice in the white packet on the side:



I can definitely see the use of this private room for a bridal shower, bachelorette party, rehearsal dinner, or if you just want to host a birthday party.

If you have a bigger party, you might want to consider using the outside patio and maybe even a section of the restaurant because both spaces are beautifully designed.

 Images above are from Bangkok Kitchen website

Parking for the restaurant is at the back of the building and I wish they will install better signage pointing the people to the restaurant from the parking lot. I almost missed the entrance from the back of the building because there was no sign telling me where to enter the building (I thought I needed to enter from the front of the building). Luckily a guy waved at me from inside of the building and when I opened the door, he told me that was actually the entrance to the restaurant.

If you are looking to check out a new restaurant for hosting a private party, Bangkok Station's private room is definitely worth considering.

No comments:

Post a Comment