Friday, August 27, 2010

Atlanta Venue Spotlight: The Defoor Centre





Source of Photos: The Defoor Centre


Yesterday I had a chance to visit the Defoor Centre for their quarterly Open House.

It was my first time at the Defoor Centre so Ms. Michelle Davidson gave me a quick tour of the facility.

The Forum is a unique hexagon-shaped gallery that can accommodate 240 guests with a dance floor or 300 guests without a dance floor. There is a stage where wedding ceremony can be performed. After the ceremony, the guests will go to an adjacent room for cocktails while the staff will flip the room for the reception. Ms. Davidson said that all the tables for the reception will already be set up in a different room and they are simply moving the tables into the room after the ceremony and it generally only takes 30 minutes.

Personally, I really like the cocktail area that is adorned with the orange lanterns. When it comes to décor, it is also worth noting that the Defoor Centre provides 60” round tables dressed with your choice of linen with 20+ color options. In addition, crystal and iron candelabra centerpieces, buffet tables, and tea light candles are included in the rental fee as well. I was also pleasantly surprised when Ms. Davidson informed me that they also provide mahogany chiavari chairs (that most places will have to charge extra for!). Of course, you can go with the chair cover look for $4.00 per chair as well if you wish.

Last night I had a chance to taste some of the food at Defoor Centre as well and they were delicious. I was told that the chef will work with the clients on the menu choices although they do offer standard menus as a guideline.

During the tour, Ms. Davidson showed me where the original farm house kitchen was and the fireplace of the original structure. I find it interesting that an historical building built in the 1800s as a farm house can be transformed into such a modern day gallery with a contemporary feel.

For me, the grand piano on the stage and the chandelier in the middle of the 30 feet ceiling seems to remind me of the Phantom of the Opera! I didn’t see the Phantom anywhere last night though!

As a conclusion, if you are looking for a different venue for your wedding or special events, it is definitely worth it to check out the Defoor Centre!

No comments:

Post a Comment